Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Still Lives: Work by Jan Nagle and Amy Greenan

I am so excited to tell you about my latest exhibition, which opens this Friday. It's a two-person show featuring me and my good friend, Jan Nagle, who works mainly in photography and video. Our work intersects in many ways and I can't wait to see how it looks hung together in one space.


Big thanks to curator Nancy Nixon for inviting us together for this opportunity at the Octagon Gallery of the Patterson Library in Westfield, NY. It's an amazing space – both gallery and library – that is worth seeing for the architecture and displays alone, not to mention the artwork. I'll be showing paintings, drawings, and collages dating from 2010 through 2012, including works never seen before, like this painting.


Blast Off! Two, Acrylic on canvas, 50" x 34", 2012.

I'm excited about this one because it is starting to bridge the "blacking out" of the house forms that I've been doing in the smaller works on paper that I've been enjoying making so much, into paintings on canvas.

I hope that if you're local you'll be able to attend the opening this Friday, or come see the show while it's up for the next month.

The details are:

Still Lives: Works by Jan Nagle and Amy Greenan Octagon Gallery at the Patterson Library, 40 S. Portage St., Westfield, NY
Opening reception Friday, April 6th, 7–9pm
Exhibition through May 4th, 2012

No comments: