Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another Solo Show Scheduled!



I am thrilled to announce that I have secured my next solo show! It will take place May through July 2010 at Betty's Restaurant in Buffalo, NY. Many a talented area artist has had a "Betty's show" (as I think of them), and I am really excited about having my work seen by lots of hungry customers. (Very tasty menu, by the way... and the last art reception I attended there had the very best reception food I've ever tasted, which is always a plus!)

It may be restaurant, but it's a beautiful space with a great atmosphere in which I will be proud to hang my work. Now, to get planning! I think some smaller house paintings would look perfect there...



(photos snatched from the Betty's Flickr)

Quick note: back when I first found out about my exhibit at the Castellani, I decided that I wanted to shoot for at least one solo exhibition each year... I am so happy that I can cross 2010 off the list!

***

On the flipside, I am sad to announce that I will not be participating in the MARK show at Artspace after all, for a variety of reasons not least of all that the gallery space is not insured, not to mention that the show has to go up in a month and I am just not going to be prepared... too much going on this month and not enough pre-existing work to dig out and/or time to make more. Take this as a lesson learned that you should always have several bodies of work available at all times in your studio -- you never know what opportunity might present itself in short time. Gotta get crackin'!

1 comment:

Ericka Bailie-Byrne said...

Awesome!
I recently took my stuff down at my neighborhood Starbucks & have to think about where else I can hang photographs.