Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Work for Specific Things

I've been busy since getting back from the Affordable Art Fair a couple weeks ago. (I almost sold out of the work I sent down for the Uprise Art booth, what a wonderful surprise!) Luckily, the school year is finishing out with just one more week to go, after which time I have a whole list of things to do, both in and out of the studio!

Most recently, I've made a couple works for upcoming shows. The first will appear at the Castellani Art Museum at Niagara University later this year as part of the TopSpin retrospective. This was the series of solo shows featuring emerging regional artists, where I had my first solo museum show in 2009.

No Way In, No Way Out, Acrylic on canvas, 35" x 60", 2012.


Just last night, I finished up a piece to submit to the unjuried members show, The Artists Among Us, at the Burchfield Penney Art Center. That means literally anyone who is a member of the museum can submit work! By the time I got there to deliver my painting, over 600 submissions had been made, with several hours to go. It's going to be a HUGE exhibition, pity the curators, preparators, and other museum staff who must hang everything in a matter of days. (Opens May 11th, 2012!)

Ocean Size, Acrylic on canvas, 30" x 40", 2012.

2 comments:

Cathy Cullis said...

Your paintings are very impressive - they each have a strong presence and I particularly enjoy the palette you use. Wish I could see in person. All the best for your upcoming shows.

Amy G. said...

Thank you so much, Cathy! It means so much to me.