Friday, December 12, 2008

Hopping Right On This One: Olivia Jeffries

Love at first sight! OK, I feel a little lame since this artist I just discovered had an item included on the Front Page treasury on Etsy this morning, but no matter. I went from shop to website to blog and just was like, "Wow! Wow! Wow!" Something just totally sent me to the moon about Olivia Jeffries' work. Maybe it's that she recycles old papers and materials to draw and paint on, or her delicate, informed way of rendering forms... I am totally in love.

You can visit her shop, read her blog, and peruse her website.

Here are a few of my favorites that she has available for sale:


"Trace Parts 1-4", framed screenprints on old love letters(!), $250


Sketch for "Showed You Your Air", large gocco print, $20 (a steal!)


Daily Sketch for September 30th, $55

***

In other news, I had my very first interview yesterday on my lunch break! No, it wasn't a job interview, silly -- it was for a local paper, a Pennysaver-type thing, which will include an article about my show at the Castellani Museum in February! I was quite nervous about doing it, but the writer was very easy to talk to, and I ended up having a lot of fun. I'll post a link to the online version once it appears.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

No comments: