Thursday, December 11, 2008

News from the Trenches

February 1st quickly approaches, and my curator has been getting ready for my show, too. His latest request was for a title and a few choices for the image that will appear on the invitation. (Ooh! Invites! Exciting!) I am happy to announce the title for the exhibition will be Nothing Was about to Happen. Thanks to all my friends who weighed in on this important decision and gave me awesome feedback.

I have good news: I got a much better shot of my portrait from yesterday. Unfortunately, I have bad news, too: as I was coming back inside from taking its photo this morning, I slipped on some ice and dropped my camera on the driveway asphalt! Horrors! I am so sad about this. The one good thing is that I was able to retrieve the photos I took and get them on my computer so I could send 'em to the museum. Thankfully. Most thankfully. And I do have a backup camera that I lent indefinitely to my mom, but still. That's one waste of a fine camera. :(

So here, I will share the new and improved photo of the painting I have now titled Lady Godiva's Operation as well as a few small collages. Enjoy!


"Lady Godiva's Operation", Acrylic on canvas, 42" x 32"


"Don't Settle", Collage and acrylic on wood panel, 5.5" x 7.5"


"Insomnia", Collage and acrylic with woodcut print on paper, 8" x 11"


"Heart & Lungs, Knees & Toes", Collage and acrylic with linoleum print on paper, 5" x 12"

No comments: